To get a kick from “Viva Margarita”, you don’t need to drink
This concise guide to funky and elegant ways to use tequila by The Old El Paso Chile Company, a premium Southwest viva margarita specialty food company that has been in operation for 23 years, is vibrant and colorful. It also includes recipes and text. It will make you feel like you’re having a fiesta by the time it is finished.
- Kerr Park is the author of eight other Southwestern-theme cookbooks. He elevates margaritas to new heights. You will find dips, salsas and fajitas made with tequila. There is also a Miracle viva margarita flan cake from his family, which is a simple boozy Bundt recipe that uses cake mix and sweetened Condensed Milk.
- “Viva Margarita,” a refreshing summer bar, offers a wide range of drinks, including Stumbling Tumbleweed Punch (yes, he is serious about it), Limonada Blanca, and Tequila Tangrita, a sangria-style Tequila Tangrita.
THE ULTIMATE VIVA MARGARITA, OR UBER-RITA
- 1 to 2 lime wedges
- A small plate of Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Ice
- 1 1/2 ounces premium silver tequila
- 1 ounce Cointreau (premium orange liqueur)
- 1 ounce of fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of superfine sugar
- 6 ice cubes
One lime wedge should be placed around the rims of viva margarita glasses. Salt the rim of the margarita glass. Keep the lime wedge aside, and chill the glass till ready for use.
Mix the crushed ice with the Cointreau, tequila and lime Amazing Glazed juice in a shaker. To blend, shake vigorously and chill.
Add the ice cubes to the prepared glass. Strain the mixture into the glass. Depending on your personal preference, squeeze 1 or 2 lime wedges in the drink. Serve the lime wedges in the drink.
MIRACLE MARGARITA FLAN CAKE
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14.1 ounces).
- 1 (12 ounces), can evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
Vegetable Cooking Viva Margarita Spray
- 1/2 cup cajeta (Mexican caramel sauce), or caramel ice-cream topping
- 1 box (two-layer) butter recipe cake mix
- 1/2 cup gold Tequila
- 1 teaspoon very finely grated lemon Peel
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Turn the oven on to 325 degrees
Mix together the evaporated milk sweetened condensed, sweetened milk, eggs, Grand Marnier, and orange peel in a large bowl. Set aside.